Thursday, June 4, 2009

Recent Video Shoot

On Monday I grabbed my tripod and drove down to Parker's house, the location of the video shoot for Romak's Lady Gaga parody song. The concept is, as described by Romak, the music video for the Lady Gaga song Just Dance meets two girls one cup. The first hour or so was spent with people putting on make-up, chain smoking, and making fake diarrhea (chocolate pudding, ginger/hibiscus juice, frozen vegetables, crumbled rice cake, milk, and a bit of olive oil). I handled the camera work all day (including a makeshift dolly shot utilizing a skateboard and a box) and sort of shared directorial duties with Romak and Nate. Nate will be editing the video over the course of the week. The general mood of the video is a house party. Highlights include people getting pelted with fake excrement.We had multiple girls (in addition to Romak) dressed up similarly to Lady Gaga. The shoot was really fun. We all had a blast with the choreographed bedroom dance scene and the various party scenes. After the shoot we spent a long time cleaning chocolate pudding off of most of the house's surfaces.After all of that we all went to the jacuzzi to relax after a long day. I look forward to seeing the result of this silly/fun day of shooting. After seeing some test shots of the fake doodie Romak and I noticed that in some of the shots it looked more like fake blood which has brought up the potential of working on a horror film together....I guess we shall see if that pans out. To hear the song please visit the Lady Caca myspace page @ http://www.myspace.com/ladycacapwns , while its not normally my aesthetic it has been a blast working on both the song and the video.

In other news, the Colorfield Bridge album is coming along well. Christopher is coming over to track drums on two or three songs. One of which is titled A Break from the Sea, another is not yet named as there are no vocals yet, I think I want Janessa to sing with me on it. I finally fixed up the track Redwoods (featuring Amber Ormand on vocals). I need to get things going with Guyton,a s I want him to do live drums on Kiss. Other than that I have one song that is in the works, I just need to track the chorus and bridge vox and guitars. I amy be releasing a split 7" in the not too distant future with Brandon's project Goodnight Mechanical Dinosaur. More on that later. Also, I have to remember to blog about it, but we are going to be starting a monthly series of concerts in my apartment. I'll explain later though, back to the day job.....

No comments:

Post a Comment