Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Drift Theory video

So I finally decided to take a few steps towards starting a new company, sort of. Except this one will remain in my control and b what I want it to be: a hobby. Something fun, to release art that I enjoy, either by me or by people who's work I admire. Hopefully it will not stop with music, I'd like to do DVDs and books as well. Anyways, the company is named 'Drift Theory' or 'The Drift Theory Group', either way. I made a splash video for the website. The compression is problematic (as usual) and the youtube one makes it so you can not really read what is written at the bottom, but I'm posting it here anyways. The video is shot and edited by me and the audio is Nate (under the guise of his recording project Opilis.). I think it turned out pretty color. I like the look of the imagery. One of these days maybe I'll do a substantial artsy video that isnt just one subject treated in what I consider to be an interesting way. Some day maybe I'll move on to plot. We shall see. There is more and more talk of horror films lately. With various people. I'm not an overly devoted fan of the genre but I think it would be fun to work on one. Anyways, enjoy the video. I have not worked as much on my own video projects of late, music stuff has been going so well. My own project as well as recording Romak's solo project and I may engineer/mix an EP for my friend Jack. That'll be once I get back from San Francisco (I leave on the 14th come back on the 19th). I need to start writing again (words, not just music), I hope to have time and inspiration walking the streets of San Francisco. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment