Thursday, May 7, 2009

W I N D O W



W I N D O W is a stop motion short film meant to give the experience of my bedroom window in the morning/early afternoon from both my and the windows perspective. The soundtrack consists of two layers: 1) A piano improvisation I recorded, the sort of thing that tends to play through in my head in the morning as the light shines through the blinds. 2) The sounds that could be heard from my window during the recording process (birds, cars, neighbors shouting, doors opening and closing, etc.).

I am really happy with how this came out. It totally captures the mood I was wanting. I feel like the show Seinfeld when I create stuff a lot of the time. Everyone's doing something and I do nothing. It feels that way a lot of the time anyways. I don't really feel the need to say something or have a stance or a message. I am not overly interested in filming people/characters. I just want to show things I see in an interesting way. The only thing I was not happy with in regards to this video is the compression. Especially the web version. The compression takes away a lot of the definition and color tone. I'm working on getting a decent compression setting for a full display version.

No comments:

Post a Comment